Choosing your vacation rental in Tuscany
Renting a house in Tuscany and planning your self catering holiday
Tuscany is a wonderful region and it is also a very popular holiday destination. For this reason, a vacation rental – or if you are from the UK, a holiday rental home – is just one of the many different types of accommodation in Tuscany among which you can choose.
Travellers to Tuscany should choose their accommodation according to their interests, their tastes, their budget and the location. People who like being independent and feeling “at home away from home” should definitely choose to rent a house in Tuscany.
The choice of the agriturismo (agritourism) in Tuscany
A very popular option with those who wish to spend their Italian holidays in the countryside, is the agriturismo, or holiday farm accommodation. Farm holidays are very easy to plan in Tuscany, since agriturismi, countryside hotels or vacation rentals, are literally everywhere.
In the Upper Maremma and in the Siena area (Val d’Orcia, Crete Senesi, Chianti, Montagnola, San Gimignano area), countryside accommodation is very easy to find, provided you book well in advance.
Accommodation varies greatly depending on the price, type and the services provided.
Some agriturismi offer bed and breakfast, others offer self-catering accommodation or half- or full-board. Most of these countryside villas in Tuscany have a swimming pool and organise horseback riding, biking tours, or fishing.
If you are looking for a holiday in the quiet of the Tuscan countryside, then an agritourism in Tuscany like Il Passo degli Ulivi is most likely what you are looking for.
Tuscany also has many hotels, B&B, and hostels: from inexpensive and cosy, to more expensive luxury accommodation.
Choosing self-catering accommodation: your vacation rental in Tuscany
However, if you really want to live in Tuscany and experience Tuscan everyday life, then you should opt for a vacation rental. Vacation rentals in Tuscany, like anywhere else in Italy, offer self-catering accommodation.
Casina di Rosa, for instance, is a holiday rental in a medieval hilltop village in the Tuscan Upper Maremma, halfway between Siena and Grosseto.
Renting a villa for your holidays in Tuscany is a good way to get to know the area and its traditions, its lifestyle and its rhythms.
Holiday rentals allow you to enjoy the comforts of a hotel with the freedom that only a private house can provide. Very often, in fact, holiday apartments in Tuscany are very well equipped and carefully restored and furnished in the typical Tuscany style.
Sheets, towels and table cloths are often provided as well as some “basic necessities” such as salt, sugar, spices, tea and coffee.
Why should you choose a vacation rental in Tuscany?
Holiday homes allow you to feel at home while away from home. For one or more weeks, Tuscany becomes your home and you can really feel like a local. A vacation rental allows you to save some money and at the same time really experience the area in which you choose to spend your Tuscan holidays.
You can rent a villa in a particular area of Tuscany and use it as a base for day trips. This way, you can always come back home at night and relax before going out for dinner or cooking a delicious Italian meal with local products of the season.
By choosing a vacation rental, you can be a Slow Traveller. Pauline Kenny of the beautiful Slow Travel Website, has created a whole section on vacation rentals. Whether you call it vacation rental, holiday rental, vacation house, self-catering, holiday villa, holiday cottage, gîte rural or Ferenwohnung, you should read this useful section of the Slow Travel Website (in English only). It lists the advantages (it is less expensive; you make your place your own; you have more space, etc.) and disadvantages (no room service; no meals; you have to be independent) of renting an apartment for your holidays in Tuscany or elsewhere in Europe and it provides a list of the different types of vacation rentals that you can find (villa or house, independent small house or cottage, apartment on a farm, apartment on an estate, apartment in a city).
Why Casina di Rosa as your vacation rental in Tuscany?
You should choose Casina di Rosa if…
- …you want to experience life in a non touristy hilltop village in one of the most unspoilt areas of Tuscany, with open countryside and low population, and at the same time you want to visit the popular sights in Tuscany;
- …you want to see very diverse areas of Tuscany. Casina di Rosa is on the border between the Provinces of Siena and Grosseto, 30km from Montalcino and Val d’Orcia, 35km from the coast and the Maremma plains, 30km from the hills of northern Maremma with Massa Marittima, Montemassi, Roccatederighi, 45km from Chianti, 120km from Florence, 35km from Siena, 30mk from Grosseto. You can go to the spas in Saturnia, or to the hot springs in Petriolo (15km). You can go to Pitigliano and Sovana, the so-called Etruscan Empire. You can go to the beach in the beautiful Natural Park in Argentario, or to the mountains, on Mount Amiata. You can visit “postcard Tuscany”, abbeys and castles or just wander in the countryside.
- …you want to go wine tasting. Civitella, the village of Casina di Rosa, is in the Montecucco DOC Wine region, but it also borders on two other great wine regions: Brunello and Monteregio. We organise guided tours to vineyards with Steven Kronenberg’s La Cornucopia Italia.
- …you want to go olive oil tasting. We organise olive oil tasting and visits to olive groves and olive presses.
- …you want to hike, bike and go horseback riding: you can do this all in the countryside around the village;
- …you want to save some money: we have many last minute deals, special offers and travel deals for your self-catering holiday in Tuscany;
Casina di Rosa, vacation house, gives you the opportunity to spend one or more weeks in a small village of Upper Maremma, and to feel at home in Tuscany.
If you want to find out what our guests think of Casina di Rosa, please, read the vacation rental reviews published by Slow Travel and Trip Advisor.